PHOENIX -- Offensive tackle Jason Peters will return April 1st, according to Eagles coach Chip Kelly. That's when the coaches can start working with players. Peters twice ruptured his Achilles tendon last spring and did not play last season. Kelly said as far as he knows, Peters will be back.
Kelly did not have updates on Todd Herremans or Jason Kelce.
Some more nuggets...
- Kelly confirmed that the Eagles will have a private workout with Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel, who Kelly recruited to try to play at Oregon. Manuel is one of the top quarterbacks in the draft and fits Kelly's system.
- The Eagles can host 30 draft prospects. Although Kelly knows Oregon pass rusher Dion Jordan well, Jordan still might visit so the Eagles can get medical information on him.
"If we were to bring Dion in, it would be to find out how his shoulder is, not what he's like as a person," Kelly said. "A lot of the evaluations in the 30 is for medical."
- Kelly was open to using DeSean Jackson as a punt returner. He said starters will participate on special teams depending on the amount of snaps they play.
- Kelly was still unsure what the defensive scheme will be. He has an idea, but wants to see the personnel.
- The Eagles willh old a full-team mini-camp during the third week of April. On April 1st, he can start talking scheme and role with players.