As the countdown begins toward Sept. 15 _ the day the Collective Bargaining Agreement expires and the NHL could be headed toward another asinine lockout _ here’s a Flyers quiz to replace the rhetoric being spewed by Gary Bettman, Donald Fehr and a cast too long to name.
The first person who responds with all 10 correct answers will receive a copy of the book “Bill Campbell: The Voice of Philadelphia Sports,” which includes a DVD of Bill’s greatest broadcasts, including Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game and the Eagles’ last NFL championship win.
If you respond on this page or via Twitter, please include your e-mail address.
Here we go:
- True or False. When the Flyers dropped a 9-8 decision to Winnipeg last season, it was Philadelphia’s second-highest goal total in a loss in franchise history.
- Who holds the Flyers’ record for career playoff points in their history?
- Here’s an easy one: Who led the Flyers in goals last season?
- Who has more playoff-winning goals in Flyers history, Jeff Carter or Don Saleski?
- Assuming this season is played, which Flyer has the second-highest cap hit among forwards? (Danny Briere is No. 1.)
- Peter Laviolette’s playoff record as the Flyers coach is (A) 23-23; (B) 28-17; or (C) 18-30?
- This Flyer finished second in the NHL with 16 power-play goals last season. Name him.
- Only two NHL teams had more goals than the Flyers last season. Pittsburgh was one of them; name the other.
- In last year’s first few games, Claude Giroux centered which wingers?
- Who led the Flyers in the plus-minus stats last season?