Jeff Adrien had 16 points and 15 rebounds as Connecticut routed visiting Florida A & M, 93-54, last night in the Huskies' final tuneup before meeting No. 14 Gonzaga on Saturday in Boston.
It was Adrien's third double-double this season for the Huskies (5-1).
In other games:
* At Iowa, Chas McFarland scored 15 points and Wake Forest (4-0) beat the Hawkeyes, 56-47, in a Big Ten/ACC Challenge game . . . At Notre Dame, Kyle McAlarney had a career-high 25 points to lead the Fighting Irish (4-2) over Colgate, 94-63.
* North Carolina held its slim lead over No. 2 UCLA in the Associated Press men's poll.
Memphis was third, followed by Kansas, Georgetown, Washington State, Duke, Texas, Texas A & M and Michigan State.
Tennessee was 11th and was followed by Louisville, Marquette, Pittsburgh, Indiana, Butler, Oregon, Clemson, Gonzaga and Wisconsin. The last five ranked teams were BYU, Southern California, Xavier, North Carolina State and Kansas State.
Villanova fell out of the rankings after losing to North Carolina State in the Old Spice Classic in Orlando, Fla.
Wyoming's women's team is ranked for the first time in school history, entering at No. 25. Tennessee remained the unanimous choice at No. 1.
* Charlotte senior point guard Jerrell Lewis left the team and will transfer to another school at the end of the first semester.
* St. Bonaventure freshman Da'Quan Cook will miss this season after the NCAA ruled he didn't meet initial eligibility guidelines.
* LSU junior forward Tasmin Mitchell will have surgery this week after X-rays determined a stress fracture in his left ankle. *