Chili Garlic Roasted Shrimp With Fettuccine4 serving(s)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sambal oelek or chili garlic sauce
1 pound large raw shrimp, shells and veins removed
12-ounce package fresh fettuccine
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 scallions, chopped
1. Heat the oven to 450 F. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, salt, pepper, and the sambal or chili garlic sauce. Add the shrimp and toss well.
3. Transfer the shrimp, as well as any sauce in the bowl, to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 to 7 minutes, or until pink and firm.
4. While the shrimp roast, add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain.
5. In a large bowl, combine the pasta and shrimp. Use a silicone spatula to scrape any liquid from the baking sheet into the bowl. Toss well.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and scallions over the pasta and shrimp, as well as a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water. Toss until the cheese is melted.
Per serving: 500 calories; 140 calories from fat (28 percent of total calories); 15 g fat (4 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 245 mg cholesterol; 51 g carbohydrate; 39 g protein; 4 g fiber; 1,050 mg sodium.