The Year in Love
Love was both a fairy tale and a battlefield with high-profile weddings and divorces taking over the airwaves. Here's a look at some highs and lows Cupid dished out over the past year.
- Zara & Mike: A low-key royal wedding
- Sir Paul McCartney & Nancy Shevall
- Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock
In what was undoubtedly the most popular wedding of the year, Prince William married long-time girlfriend Kate Middleton. Now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the couple represents a new generation of royalty.
- The reason J-Lo & Marc Anthony split
- Maria Shriver files for divorce from Ah-nold
- Kat Von D: Jesse James cheated with 19
Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore will end their six-year marriage as a result of rumors that surfaced this past September that he cheated on her with a 22-year-old administrative assistant. Demi filed for divorce in November.
- Kim K. & Kris Humphries tie the knot
- Reese Witherspoon marries Jim Toth
- Kate Moss marries Jamie Hince
Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minillo tied the knot on Necker Island on July 15. The wedding was televised on TLC in the fall, making it Lachey's second reality wedding. He was formerly married to Jessica Simpson for three years.
- Bradley Cooper & Renee Zellweger call it quits
- Allen Iverson's divorce heats up - again
- Brent & Susie Celek divorce
Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell and wife Midge announced in February that they were splitting up. According to the couple, who wrote a heartfelt letter to the public, the end of their 40-year marriage is amicable.