Wiring blamed in South Jersey apartment fire
Faulty wiring caused an apartment complex in Bellmawr to catch fire over the weekend, displacing 21 people, the Camden County fire marshal said Sunday.
The two-alarm fire at Bellmawr Manor Apartments around 4 p.m. Saturday took 50 minutes for firefighters to bring under control. No injuries were reported, said Camden County Chief Fire Marshal Paul Sandrock.
Eight families - comprising 17 adults and four children - were unable to return to their homes, according to the American Red Cross of Camden and Burlington Counties. The agency provided them with emergency assistance for food, clothing, and lodging.
– Sulaiman Abdur-Rahman