Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Fallen power line sets fire to house

WILLINGBORO A fire burned parts of a house Wednesday after ice caused a power line to fall into a chain-link fence. No one was hurt in the blaze, which broke out around 8:15 a.m. at the Budhollow Lane home, authorities said.

Fire crews had the blaze under control by 8:55 a.m. An estimate of the damage was not available, but Willingboro Fire Captain Douglas Ramsey said the garage and parts of the first and second floors of the home were destroyed.

PSE&G had to cut off power to nearly 50 customers because of the fire. Those customers remained without power Wednesday evening, but were expected to be restored by Thursday morning.

- Michael Boren

Also on
Stay Connected