Friday, October 31, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

NEW JERSEY

Bill would permit direct sales of electric cars

JERSEY SHORE

A.C. airport

receives

$1.6 million

for upgrades

ATLANTIC CITY Atlantic City International Airport will use $1.6 million in federal funding to purchase snow removal equipment, evaluate the environmental impact of improving an access road, and build perimeter fencing, lawmakers said Wednesday.

The $1,681,101 from the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Improvement Program will fund 90 percent of the projects, an FAA spokesman said. The remaining 10 percent, or $186,789, will come from the airport or local or state government.

New snow removal equipment, including "a multipurpose vehicle with snow sweeper attachment," will get $765,000, and $282,600 will go toward studying the environmental impact of proposed improvements to an access road, according to a news release from U.S. Rep. Frank A. LoBiondo, whose district includes the airport.

The remaining $633,501 will go toward "undisclosed security enhancements," according to the release. A release from New Jersey's two Democratic senators, Robert Menendez and Cory A. Booker, said the money would be used to install perimeter fencing.

The airport received $3,371,071 from the program last year. That money went toward constructing a deicing containment facility, rehabilitating a taxiway, and the perimeter fencing project.

Of $1,379,802 the airport received in 2012, $100,000 went toward conducting an environmental study of the effect of installing the perimeter fence.

The airport was awarded $14.3 million in 2011 for an aircraft rescue and firefighting building. - Inquirer staff

Also on Philly.com
Stay Connected