Dry cleaner destroyed by morning fire
The building that housed a Roxborough dry cleaning business was gutted by raging flames this morning.
The fire reportedly began about 5 a.m. at the Award Cleaners at 5711 Ridge Avenue near Walnut Lane.
The fire was declared under control shortly before 6:30 a.m. Roads remained closed for more than an hour and a half as crews continued to pour water on the smoldering remains.
An adjacent auto body shop also reportedly sustained some damage.
No injuries were reported.
Award's website says the business has been "family owned and operated for more than 45 years."
The dry cleaner once cleaned one of Princess Diana's dresses for an Art Museum exhibit, according to Fox29.
Contact staff writer Peter Mucha at 215-854-4342 or email@example.com.