Thursday, July 2, 2015

Five sickened by fumes at Northeast Days Inn

0 comments
A Days Inn in the city's Crescentville section was briefly evacuated late Thursday after three children and two adults were sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator being used during a power outage.

Philadelphia police said medics transported the children, ages 3, 5, and 11, to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, where they were treated. Two adults were treated at Einstein Medical Center.

Asif Youl, the manager of the hotel in the 4200 block of Roosevelt Boulevard, said an employee improperly started a generator in the basement when the building lost power. "It was a small mistake," he said.

He said approximately 100 guests were permitted to return to their rooms shortly before 1 a.m. Friday after the generator was taken outside and the fire marshal's office issued an all-clear. - Martha Woodall

0 comments
We encourage respectful comments but reserve the right to delete anything that doesn't contribute to an engaging dialogue.
Help us moderate this thread by flagging comments that violate our guidelines.

Comment policy:

Philly.com comments are intended to be civil, friendly conversations. Please treat other participants with respect and in a way that you would want to be treated. You are responsible for what you say. And please, stay on topic. If you see an objectionable post, please report it to us using the "Report Abuse" option.

Please note that comments are monitored by Philly.com staff. We reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Personal attacks, especially on other participants, are not permitted. We reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.

Additionally comments that are long, have multiple paragraph breaks, include code, or include hyperlinks may not be posted.

Read 0 comments
 
comments powered by Disqus
Also on Philly.com
letter icon Newsletter