A city-owned pool was temporarily shuttered Friday afternoon after three children were reportedly shocked by an electrical current running through the water.
Firefighters were dispatched shortly after 1:15 p.m. to the O’Connor Pool at 2601 South St., Philadelphia Fire Executive Chief Peter Crespo said.
Responders cut electricity to the pool and notified the Fire Marshal’s Office and the Department of Licenses & Inspections.
Medics rushed the three children to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Though their conditions were not immediately available, their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, Crespo said.