Queen Village cable fire leads to evacuations, outages
An underground cable fire in Queen Village caused evacuations and power outages early this morning.
PECO wires near Fifth Street and Passyunk Avenue caught fire shortly after 4 a.m. One building was evacuated due to smoke, officials said.
Firefighters quickly put out the blaze. Emergency crews also checked on a report of high carbon monoxide levels in the area.
At one point, 56 customers were without power as crews worked, PECO said. By 8 a.m., people had been allowed to return home and power had been restored to all but three customers.