Police: Woman critical after propane tank explodes inside moving RV
A woman is in critical condition and a child is recovering from minor injuries after a propane tank exploded Saturday morning inside an RV in Oxford Circle.
Police said the 36-year-old woman was cooking inside the moving RV when the explosion occurred shortly before 10:15 a.m. at East Cheltenham Avenue and Oakland Street.
Medics rushed the woman to Temple University Hospital, where she was being treated for burns to both legs and hands.
Police said a 5-year-old boy suffered minor scrapes to both legs but was not hospitalized. Two other adult occupants of the RV were not injured, according to investigators.
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze and declared the scene under control.
Additional details about the circumstances surrounding the incident were not immediately available Saturday morning, and it was not yet clear whether charges would be filed in connection with the case.