Overnight crashes in Delaware kill four

Three separate overnight crashes in Delaware killed four people and injured another three, including a 10-year-old girl.

Police said the first crash happened around 10:40 p.m. in Frederica, as 42-year-old Tricia Martin, of Camden, drove a 2009 Acura MDX west on Barratts Chapel Road.

Police said that, for unknown reasons, the Acura crossed over into the eastbound lanes of traffic and veered off the road. The car drove along a ditch line and smashed into a telephone box and a fence.

The Acura hit an embankment and turned over onto its side before coming to a stop back on the road, facing the wrong way, according to investigators.

Police said Tricia Martin’s 10-year-old daughter, Taryn Martin, got out of the car and tried to get help from a vehicle that had stopped nearby.

At the same time, a 2005 GMC Yukon allegedly struck the Acura, pushing it off the road and back into the ditch, where the car again turned over. Tricia Martin was ejected and thrown onto the roadway, according to investigators.

Police said one of the vehicles struck Taryn Martin, who was still standing outside, launching her off the road and into the grass.

Tricia Martin was flown to Christiana Medical Center, where she died. Taryn Martin was placed in critical condition at A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children. The driver of the Yukon was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

The next crash occurred shortly before 12:30 a.m. Saturday, just west of New Castle.

Police said 31-year-old Rhashem Revelle, of Wilmington, was driving a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee east on Airport Road at a high rate of speed.

Revelle allegedly lost control of the vehicle as he came to a curve. Police said he crossed into the center median, swerved back and veered off the road, where he struck a raised curb.

The Jeep then spun around, slammed into a metal traffic pole and rolled over onto its driver’s side, according to investigators. Police said the vehicle slid until its roof struck a tree, causing the SUV to again spin around and roll back onto its wheels.

Rhashem Revelle and front-seat passenger Tynisha Scott, 27, died at the scene, according to authorities. A backseat passenger, 26-year-old Andre Revelle, was admitted to Christiana Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.

The third crash occurred around 2:15 a.m. on Cooper Road in Gumboro.

Police said 46-year-old Donald Davis, of Millsboro, was driving a 2001 Huzhou Daixi Zhenhua Technology scooter south when he came to a sharp curve in the road. Davis allegedly crossed into the northbound lane, lost control of the scooter and was ejected.

Police said Davis, who was not wearing a helmet, struck his head on the pavement and was pronounced dead at the scene. The scooter was propelled across the southbound lane of traffic and came to a rest in a deep ditch on the side of the road.

Some of the roads where the crashes occurred were initially shut down, but all had been reopened to traffic Saturday afternoon. All three crashes remained under investigation.

Contact Alex Wigglesworth at 215-854-2305 or awigglesworth@philly.com. Follow @phila_lex on Twitter.

Contact the Breaking News Desk at 215-854-2443; BreakingNewsDesk@philly.com. Follow @phillynews on Twitter.