Carbon monoxide fumes sicken 5 in West Philadelphia

Five people were hospitalized early Sunday after they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes inside a home in the Walnut Hill section of West Philadelphia.

Emergency crews were dispatched to the home on the 5000 block of Market Street around 4:15 a.m., according to the Philadelphia Fire Department.

All five victims were taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where they were placed in stable condition, the fire department said. Their ages and identities were not immediately available.

The fire marshal was continuing to investigate the incident Sunday.


Contact Alex Wigglesworth at 215-854-2305 or awigglesworth@philly.com. Follow @phila_lex on Twitter.

Contact the Breaking News Desk at 215-854-2443; BreakingNewsDesk@philly.com. Follow @phillynews on Twitter.