Sunday, August 2, 2015

5 hospitalized from fumes in Northeast Philly

0 comments

Five people were taken to hospitals Friday afternoon after they became sick from chlorine fumes at a gym pool, according to the Philadelphia fire department.

There was too much chlorine in the pool at LA Fitness on the 2500 block of Grant Avenue. Authorities initially said hazmat crews were at the Giant grocery store next door.

No information about the conditions of those hospitalized was available.

Philly.com staff
0 comments
We encourage respectful comments but reserve the right to delete anything that doesn't contribute to an engaging dialogue.
Help us moderate this thread by flagging comments that violate our guidelines.

Comment policy:

Philly.com comments are intended to be civil, friendly conversations. Please treat other participants with respect and in a way that you would want to be treated. You are responsible for what you say. And please, stay on topic. If you see an objectionable post, please report it to us using the "Report Abuse" option.

Please note that comments are monitored by Philly.com staff. We reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Personal attacks, especially on other participants, are not permitted. We reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.

Additionally comments that are long, have multiple paragraph breaks, include code, or include hyperlinks may not be posted.

Read 0 comments
 
comments powered by Disqus
Also on Philly.com
letter icon Newsletter