Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Carjacking suspects charged: Two men have been charged in the deadly North Philadelphia carjacking and crash that killed three children. Jonathan Rosa and Cornelius Crawford were arraigned overnight and are being held without bail.
2. Temple admissions: Temple University is making it optional for applicants to submit test scores, becoming the first national public research institution in the Northeast to not require SAT or ACT scores from students.
3. NTSB meeting on derailment: The National Transportation Safety Board is meeting today to determine the cause of the Paulsboro train derailment that leaked the hazardous gas vinyl chloride into the air.
4. Hospital shooting probe: Investigators are continuing to probe what sparked the shootout between a psychiatric patient and a psychiatrist last week at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Delaware County.
5. William Penn Foundation leadership: The head of the William Penn Foundation, Philadelphia's largest locally focused foundation, is stepping down after just six months in the position. Peter J. Degnan will leave William Penn on Aug. 31.