Beach season is here! After a long and grueling winter and a wishy-washy spring, the good times of summer have finally arrived. Just in time for Memorial Day–the unofficial start to beach season–”Dr. Beach” has named his top 10 beaches in the U.S.
To visit most of the top 10 beaches, you’ll need to head to Hawaii or the East Coast (sorry, California). Topping the list is the scenic Duke Kahanamoku Beach on the west end of famous Waikiki on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. According to Dr. Beach, not only is it beautiful, but it’s also a safe bet for families as there are no known drownings.
Duke Kahanamoku Becah is joined by two other Hawaiian destinations and four from the Sunshine State. The Carolinas also receive mentions for the Outer Banks and Kiawah Island. Northeasterners who flock to Cape Cod in Massachusetts can also lay claim to a spot on this year’s list. Check out the top 10 beaches below and let us know: have you visited any of them?
1. Duke Kahanamoku Beach, Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Barefoot Beach Bonita Springs, Florida
4. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park Oahu, Hawaii
5. Hamoa Beach, Maui, Hawaii
6. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks of North Carolina
7. Cape Florida State Park Key Biscayne, Florida
8. Coast Guard Beach Cape Cod, Massachusetts
9. Beachwalker Park Kiawah Island, South Carolina
10.Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park, Naples, Florida