If you fall ill away from U.S.

One fear that vacationers have is of getting sick in a foreign country. Will you be able to find a qualified doctor? Can you find one who speaks English?

If this is a concern for you, check out the services of the International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers. The nonprofit organization, based in Niagara Falls, N.Y., has a database of physicians in 125 countries who speak English. The network includes general practitioners and specialists, hospitals and clinics.

The doctors and hospitals in the network have agreed to treat association members for pre-negotiated fees. The association says it continually inspects the doctors' offices, clinics and hospitals to make sure they are delivering competent care.

Membership is free. For more information, call 716-754-4883, or go to www.iamat.org.