5 easy steps to recreate Kate Middleton’s beautiful curls
It was the hair twirl heard ’round the world.
While Kate Middleton‘s hair is almost always the envy of the land, it was especially perfect-looking on Sunday Nov. 10 at a Remembrance Day event in the U.K. The world took notice as her normal bouncy blowout was replaced with cascading curls. The covetable coif became all the more memorable when she casually twirled it over her shoulder.
Interested in copying her look? Rather than rush to the nearest salon or blowout bar, follow these five easy steps from Ashley Brecken, an Oribe educator and Style Director at Salon Marc Harris in Boston:
1. Prep damp hair by spritzing with a conditioning foundation spray to even out your hair’s texture and add moisture and shine. For extra lift at the roots, follow with a volumizing spray.
2. Blow dry hair in sections with a medium-sized round brush. Create extra volume and movement by moving hair forward as you brush.
3. Next, curl hair in vertical sections with a medium-barrel curling iron. Prior to applying heat, spray each section with a heat protectant spray. As you work through your hair in sections, be sure to curl away from the face. Repeat until all hair is curled, then let your curls cool.
4. Run fingers through the curls to lightly break them up, then gently brush from underneath with a boar bristle brush. This adds softness without taking the curl out.
5. Finish by spraying your hairstyle with a finishing spray that will hold the look while locking out humidity.