Halloween Safety Tips

Trick-or-treating children should be accompanied by adults.

Go only to homes of people you know.

Don't eat homemade treats unless you know the maker well.

Use nontoxic makeup to paint faces and body parts.

Children should not consume food, drinks or treats until a parent or guardian has thoroughly checked them.

Throw away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspect treats.

Make sure any items that can cause choking, such as hard candy, are given to children of an appropriate age.

Do not give treats to pets; chocolates and raisins may be poisonous to animals.

Children can mistake pills for candy. Post the Poison Control Center Hotline number by your telephone: 1-800-222-1222.

 


Source: New Jersey Poison and Education System