It’s that time of year again when things start to look a little bit more dreary.
But take heart, we’re trudging through the thick of it! After living in the northeast all my life, I’ve picked up a few tricks along the way to survive the winter. Give these suggestions a try.
1. Wear Something of Color – I’m a neutral girl myself, but wearing color when the weather is chilly always cheers me up just a bit, even if it’s just a pair of Nepali gloves or a pink knotted ear warmer.
2. Read a new book - There’s nothing like taking yourself out of your own setting by reading a good book. My recent read was Jasmine and Fire: a Bittersweet Year In Beirut that follows Lebanon native and NYC resident, Salma Abdelnour, as she spends a year in her home country of Lebanon.
3. Treat Yo Self – If you don’t have a budget for something extravagant, check the local sales racks of Once Worn Vintage, Buffalo Exchange, or Urban Outfitters for something that flatters your figure and makes you feel good! A simple floral print is a great way to introduce a new pattern to your wardrobe.
4. Say Something Nice – It’s the simple things that really go a long way. Try going out of your way to say something nice to a coworker, significant other, or roommate. Keep it positive and keep if fun. You’ll feel the good energy flowing right back to you!
5. Indulge in a new body lotion – Lush Cosmetics right here in Philadelphia has quickly become a hit worldwide. Their unbelievable body lotions and butters leaves your skin feeling baby fresh. My favorite is their Crème Anglaise.
I’d love to hear your own winter survival tips! Leave your best ones in the comments below.