When my boys were in elementary school, they would bring home two or three pieces of artwork each week. Let’s just say there’s only so much refrigerator space. Instead of letting their masterpieces pile up, I decided to give some of the art to the grandparents. For Christmas, I gave each a frame and a certificate letting them know they had been enrolled in the Artwork of the Month Club. Every month, I sent each set of grandparents a painting they could hang in their home. It was a big hit.
If you have young kids, you too have gifts just waiting to be given. You can use the Artwork of the Month Club idea, or check out these unique offerings—all of which are made using your child’s drawings and paintings:
1. Wrapping Paper. Scan or take a picture of your child’s art and upload it to Giftskins. They’ll turn it into custom wrapping paper.
As a Parade.com reader, you can receive 25% off your order through December 31, 2013 by using the code PARADE25.
2. Nail Art. How about wearing your child’s artwork on your nails? Jamberry has an online nail-art studio where you can scan your kid’s
artwork and get it made into nail art that you can wear. This is a great gift idea for moms, aunts, grandmas, and more, or a special way to prepare for holiday parties.
3. Custom Pillows. Carley Kahn will transform your child’s masterpiece into a beautiful, eco-friendly keepsake. Made in the USA from 100% organic cotton/linen blend, the square or rectangular pillows feature artwork as is or in a repeating pattern. Get a 10% discount on your order by using the code PARADE10. Offer expires December 6, 2013.
4. 3-D Sculpture. Turn a one-dimensional piece of artwork into a 3-D sculpture with Crayon Creatures. Simply upload a digital picture or scan of your child’s piece of art and let the Crayon Creatures designer turn it into a 3D printed piece of art using the Shapeways 3-D Printer.
5. Notepad. PrintArtKids can turn your child’s artwork into a notepad for taking messages and notes, or creating shopping and to-do lists. Printed on recycled paper, each pad has 50 sheets, and the set includes four same-size pads, printed on recycled paper. Save 10% off all orders over $50 by using the code Parade. Offer expires December 2, 2013. The merchant asked us to mention that the discount will be applied after your order is submitted.
6. Friendship Bracelet. Wearshare will create friendship bracelets from your favorite artwork using photos you upload to
Facebook and Instagram. You get one to wear and one to share. With the promotion code ParadeFREE, readers can buy one order (of two bracelets) and get the second order free (for total of four identical bracelets). This offer is good for the first 300 orders; one order per person.