10 easy DIY Halloween pranks
This is the week to be wicked! Try these simple fake-outs for some harmless fun.
1. Freeze gummy eyeballs in ice cubes, then add them to your victim’s drink.
2. Buy cheap hair extensions the same color as your target’s hair and scatter them around her pillow during the night.
3. Unscrew a shower head and dry the inside of it thoroughly; then pour in a packet of red powdered drink mix and replace the shower head. The unlucky person who turns on the faucet will be showered with fake blood.
4. Place a rubber bat, rat, or snake in the toilet and close the lid.
5. Dip your finger or a cotton swab in some liquid dish soap, and write a creepy invisible message on the bathroom mirror, like “I’m watching you.” When your victim takes a shower and the mirror fogs up, your words will mysteriously appear.
6. Buy a kit to make caramel apples at the grocery story, but substitute the apples with onions. Cover them with nuts or coconut to complete the disguise.
7. Dress up like a scarecrow, witch, ghost, or mummy (be sure to cover your hands and face) and plant yourself along the path to your front door after dark, as if you are a decorative dummy. Stay as still as possible until trick-or-treaters approach; then jump forward to welcome them.
8. We love this fun idea from eHow Crafts: Measure half the length of a doorway with a piece of string and cut it to that length. Tie a plastic spider to one end and tape the other end to the center of the door frame. Now rest the spider on the edge of the top of the door and leave the door slightly ajar. Your creepy crawly will drop down on the next person who walks through the door.
9. In the bottom of a Tupperware container or cardboard box, cut a bowl big enough to put your hand through and cover it with tissue paper. Fill the bowl or box with candy. Offer a treat to an unsuspecting victim, and as he reaches in, pop your hand through the tissue paper to grab his hands.
10. This one’s for a generous prankster: Go trick-or-treating, but instead of taking candy from a neighbor’s bowl, put candy into his bowl. Quickly turn and walk away.