Simple, elegant DIY Christmas wreath
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. As soon as those Thanksgiving leftovers hit the fridge I am ready to pick out my tree and get the show on the road! This year I wanted to make something new but with it being so close to Christmas, I knew it needed to be a quick project. This wreath is what I came up with – simple, yet elegant, and oh so easy to make.
- 17 inch artificial evergreen wreath
- 2 large floral picks (I used a red and a gold poinsettia)
- 1 spool (25 feet) 1 1/2 inch wire edge ribbon in coordinating color
- Glue gun
- Twist tie or floral wire
How to make the wreath:
1. Arrange the branches of the wreath to make it uniform.
2. Place the floral picks into the wreath where you want them and secure them to the wire frame with a twist tie or floral wire.
3. Turn the wreath over and, using the glue gun, tack areas of the floral picks to the wreath. Allow glue to harden. Please use caution when using the glue gun!
4. Turn the wreath back over and, using the glue gun, tack the end of the ribbon to the wreath under the edge of a floral pick. Begin to weave the ribbon through the wreath, tacking spots with the glue gun as you go to secure it.
5. Make the bow by by making several loops with the ribbon.
6. Holding them with your fingers, tie the center with a 12 inch length ribbon. Do not cut the ends off!
7. Once the bow is secured in the middle, use your fingers to arrange the bow as you want.Thread the ends of ribbon that you used to tie the bow through the wreath and tie it to the wire frame. Turn the wreath over and secure the bow to the wreath using the glue gun.
Ta-da! There you go, a quick and simple, yet elegant and customizable DIY Christmas wreath!
Bobbi is also a Sverve Influencer, connect with her here.