(HealthDay News) -- The American Academy of Pediatrics doesn't recommend bed sharing for babies, especially if:
- The baby is younger than 4 months, or was born at a low birth weight or prematurely.
- Any user of the bed is a smoker, even if there is no smoking in bed.
- Parents have taken any kind of drug that could interfere with the ability to awaken easily.
- A bed user is not the baby's parent.
- If the bed includes soft blankets, bedding or pillows.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.