(HealthDay News) -- Metabolic syndrome is a collection of factors that boost your risk for heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute suggests these measures to lower your risk of metabolic syndrome:
- Following a heart-healthy diet.
- Setting and achieving a healthy target weight.
- Keeping stress under control.
- Getting plenty of regular physical activity.
- Quitting smoking.
- Taking any medications recommended by your doctor.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.