(HealthDay News) -- A fitness tracker can help you realize how much exercise you're really getting and push you to move more.
Here's how to get the most from a fitness tracker, courtesy of Johns Hopkins University Medicine:
- Wear your tracker every day.
- Create a realistic goal. While a common milestone is 10,000 steps per day, talk to your doctor about what's healthy and realistic for you.
- Choose fun activities that you will enjoy doing long-term.
- Encourage friends and family members to wear a tracker, too.
- Check your stats each day, and discuss them with your doctor.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.