(HealthDay News) -- The right equipment, obeying traffic laws and some defensive driving can go a long way toward protecting you while you're on a motorcycle.
The National Safety Council suggests:
- Opting for a bike that fits you well and has antilock brakes.
- Making sure headlights are always on.
- Taking a motorcycle safety course, even if you're an experienced driver.
- Avoiding alcohol.
- Looking out for potholes and other road hazards, and driving defensively particularly at intersections.
- Avoiding speeding.
- Being a respectful, courteous rider.
- Wearing goggles or face shield, reflective clothing and sturdy footwear that extends above the ankle.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.