Recipe: Curried Quinoa with Roasted Chickpeas and Butternut Squash
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (2-3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the squash with half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and spread onto a foil covered baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, turn and bake for an additional 15 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- While squash is cooking, combine quinoa, water, curry powder, cumin and mustard powder in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Combine cooked quinoa with squash, chickpeas and pumpkin seeds. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or cold.