Confused about healthcare? Get help locally
Residents in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware who are confused about the new healthcare insurance exchanges will be able to get some questions answered from hospitals and insurers across the region.
Various locations in the area have opened up community outreach centers and have created online resources to guide residents who are shopping for a new healthcare plan under President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act. Enrollment opened Tuesday, and users will be able to sign up until Dec. 15 in order to get coverage by Jan. 1.
Here are some local resources:
St. Mary Medical Center is opening six outreach centers across Pennsylvania:
Do you currently have health insurance?
|Total votes = 3079|
St. Mary Medical Center – 1201 Langhorne-Newtown Road, Langhorne, Pa.
- Call (215) 710-5888 for information
St. Mary Family Resource Center – 2547 Knights Road, Bensalem Pa.
- Mondays 2-6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays 2-4 p.m.
St. Mary Community Outreach Center – 3034 Knights Road, Bensalem, Pa.
- Tuesdays 2-6:30 p.m.; Wednesdays 2-7 p.m.; Thursdays 9 a.m.-noon and 2:30-6:30 p.m.
St. Mary Community Outreach Center – 2477 Trenton Road, Levittown, Pa.
- Wednesdays 2-7 p.m., 2nd and 4th Friday of each month 8:30 a.m.-noon
Ivins House – 80 West Trenton Avenue, Morrisville, Pa.
- Wednesdays 11 a.m.-2 p.m.; Fridays 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Bucks County Family Center – 2 Canals End Suite 201 G, Bristol, Pa.
- Mondays 9 a.m.-noon
For more information about these locations, call 215.710.5888 or visit www.StMaryMedicalCenter.Org/Insurance.
Crozer-Keystone Health System
- Crozer-Keystone has an online market place resource guide, which includes basic tools to help consumers make informed decisions about health care
- Christiana Care is holding a community health fair on Oct. 1 from 3-6 p.m. at Hanover Church at 1801 North Jefferson Street, Wilmington, DE. The event will start with an intro by leaders from Christiana Care and the community. Afterwards, marketplace guides will meet with community members about insurance enrollment and Christiana Care will provide health screenings at the church.
- Aria Helath has a toll-free Health Source Call Center at (877) 808-ARIA (2742). A certified application counselor will be available to answer calls Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
- Consumers can make an appointment with a staff member at Pottstown Memorial Medical Center by calling (610) 327-7014. The staff will provide assistance about opportunities, verify eligibility and assist with sign-up for healthcare.
Please email email@example.com if we’ve missed any valuable local resources.