Farro with Walnut Pesto and Lacinato Kale
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups farro
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine farro and water in a medium sized saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the arugula, basil, garlic, oil, walnuts, lemon juice and zest. Puree. Thin with water to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the farro with the pesto, kale, beans and tomatoes. Serve warm or cold.