Preventing diabetes by changing the schools
- About: Curriculums, materials and details of “The HEALTHY Study”
- Q&A: How to interpret the research findings
- Videos: Raw footage of 8th-grade gym class at Philadelphia’s Grover Washington Jr. Middle School . . . vending machines with all snacks 200 calories or less . . . interviews with study chair Gary Foster of Temple University
- Previous article: Study finds childhood obesity may be declining
Nutrition labels on restaurant menus
- Philadelphia: Ordinance phased-in starting Feb. 1.
- New Jersey: State law takes effect January 2011.
- Video: Researcher discusses impact of menu-labeling and gives tips on ordering for kids.
New genes for the blind
- Video: Corey Haas, legally blind, walks a maze using one untreated eye (3:41) . . . and then using the other eye, with corrective genes (0:36)
- Graphics: How the treatment works . . . and measuring the results
- Special Report: 18 months ago, envisioning a cure: article, slideshow and related links
Falls among the elderly