Saturday, October 25, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Phillies unveil plans to introduce Cheerleaders in 2011

Like the Florida Marlin's cheerleaders, the Mermaids, the Phillies plan to introduce their own cheerleaders for the 2011 season. I think it's a great idea that will introduce some much needed excitement to the game and offers something of interest to the adults in the crowd as opposed to the Phanatic's tired routine. The risqué outfits are sure to raise some eyebrows and objections, along with the fact that a number of the cheerleaders are employed by various gentlemen's clubs in the area, but all in all I think it's a step in the right direction and a nod to the modern era. Thoughts?

Phillies unveil plans to introduce Cheerleaders in 2011
  • Like the Florida Marlin's cheerleaders, the Mermaids, the Phillies plan to introduce their own cheerleaders for the 2011 season. I think it's a great idea that will introduce some much needed excitement to the game and offers something of interest to the adults in the crowd as opposed to the Phanatic's tired routine. The risqué outfits are sure to raise some eyebrows and objections, along with the fact that a number of the cheerleaders are employed by various gentlemen's clubs in the area, but all in all I think it's a step in the right direction and a nod to the modern era. Thoughts?
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:26 PM, 07/19/2010
    Uh, seriously?
  • 1 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:57 PM, 07/19/2010
    They already have them.....McCarthy & Wheeler
    jeff argo
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:58 PM, 07/19/2010
    really I think it's ridiculous....
    terrydib711
  • 1 like this / 1 don't   •   Posted 2:06 PM, 07/19/2010
    I seriously hope this is a joke. I will honestly have to consider not going to any Phillies games if cheerleaders are involved.
    Jrod00
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 2:11 PM, 07/19/2010
    "Tired routine"? Seriously? It's sad that they are trying to placate the college crowd by putting boobs in there face. The Phillies atmosphere was great before the bandwagoners, and it will be great long after they lose interest.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 3:58 PM, 07/19/2010
    Is Wilma Mcnabb one? How about Bonnie Lindross?
    Amaro_is_ed_wade_part 2
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 4:07 PM, 07/19/2010
    I would stop bringing my children to the game.
    smel4727
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 5:12 PM, 07/19/2010
    There is no room in baseball for cheerleaders. They are pointless and have no impact on the game or anything at all. They serve no purpose. Cheerleaders are for high school and college.
    philliekev04
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 6:01 PM, 07/19/2010
    If they wear g-strings, and pasties.....that would be nice. It gets hot on that field.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 6:10 PM, 07/19/2010
    Seriously, don't put cheerleaders on the payroll. Use that money to pay FA's.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 6:22 PM, 07/19/2010
    i like it! Baseball needs something like this...
    theo42
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 8:55 PM, 07/19/2010
    Yes, cheerleaders in baseball.. What a Bill Veck momnet.. ok , the moment is over.. now promptly shoot the moron who came up with that brainstorm.
    dedhed
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 9:04 PM, 07/19/2010
    I dont believe this posting at all anyway. Seriously, if this was true do you really think that this little fan blog or whatever would be the first place you hear it from? It wouldve made headlines already.
    philliekev04
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 11:29 AM, 07/20/2010
    I thought that's why we have the big green guy.
    philfan50

Get Your Philadelphia Phillies Gear Here