Saturday, August 30, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Who Can You Trade?

Everyone wants the Phillies to make a big trade before the trade deadline. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see what the Phillies have to trade. Assuming Brown is off the table (Which he BETTER be), and assuming the Phillies wouldn't be stupid enough to trade Werth at this point in the season (A major part of their world series teams, and crucial to returning to a 3rd straight fall classic)...what's left? Are we really going to get an upgrade over Blanton with what we have left in the minors? I think the Phillies need to be patient and wait for Happ to return to form (He was hitting 93-95 in his last minor league start). I think Happ is better than most pitchers available in free agency, except Oswalt, who we can't get. Ben Sheets? Really? I'd rather wait for Blanton to return to form (he looked pretty good in his last start)

Who Can You Trade?
  • Everyone wants the Phillies to make a big trade before the trade deadline. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see what the Phillies have to trade. Assuming Brown is off the table (Which he BETTER be), and assuming the Phillies wouldn't be stupid enough to trade Werth at this point in the season (A major part of their world series teams, and crucial to returning to a 3rd straight fall classic)...what's left? Are we really going to get an upgrade over Blanton with what we have left in the minors? I think the Phillies need to be patient and wait for Happ to return to form (He was hitting 93-95 in his last minor league start). I think Happ is better than most pitchers available in free agency, except Oswalt, who we can't get. Ben Sheets? Really? I'd rather wait for Blanton to return to form (he looked pretty good in his last start)
    ericyshel
  • 2 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:32 PM, 07/19/2010
    If you can find takers, dump the salary of those not performing and use it for pitching next year. ie: Ibanez, Werth, Blanton, etc. Get What you can.
    jjzire
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:33 PM, 07/19/2010
    You could package Kendrick and a prospect for a better pitcher.
    hollywood86
  • 1 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 2:03 PM, 07/19/2010
    Is there a taker for Milt Thompson? I'd take a handful of used batting gloves for him!
    shady24
  • Comment removed.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 2:36 PM, 07/19/2010
    I say trade Werth for pitching this year. Dump Ibanez, Dump Blanton. Call up Brown.
    tpw1408
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 8:11 PM, 07/19/2010
    victorino,blanton,happ,ibanez,werth,francisco,they all tradeable
    ccutter50
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 4:27 AM, 07/20/2010
    In term of results the Phillies have had over the past year, the trade arrow is pointing down. It would be wise to avoid the blockbuster trade. Time to regroup the talent evaluation.

Get Your Philadelphia Phillies Gear Here