Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Werth the hassle?

Should the Phillies deal Werth to get some bullpen help? Or another starter? Oswalt maybe? He's gone after this season anyway and with the way he's been hitting (excuse me, not hitting) his stock is going down. Plus, then Dom Brown can get called up FINALLY.

Werth the hassle?
  • Should the Phillies deal Werth to get some bullpen help? Or another starter? Oswalt maybe? He's gone after this season anyway and with the way he's been hitting (excuse me, not hitting) his stock is going down. Plus, then Dom Brown can get called up FINALLY.
    PhilsPhan08
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 3:59 PM, 07/18/2010
    Are you kidding me!?
    heyna
  • 1 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 10:56 AM, 07/19/2010
    If the Phillies want to win now, I'd say hold onto Werth. He's still a very good all-around player when he's in a groove. Plus, he's a right-handed bat who protects Ryan Howard. That's huge.
    hollywood86
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:27 PM, 07/19/2010
    I never thought he'd pout and go into the tank because of his contract situation, wouldn't you want to showcase your talent and improve your marketability by appearing like you give a crap and play semi-hard?
    robihart15
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 12:22 PM, 07/19/2010
    Well I'd say he's hurt his Werth in a contract year. Do not deal Werth. Unload Ibanez if possible, pay his salary whatever. Brown needs to be playing and now.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:01 PM, 07/19/2010
    Please! Werth is pretty much one of the only decent batters we have left. Sure - our bullpen needs help, but....we also need to score, and Werth can do that.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:21 PM, 07/19/2010
    Come on people.....We need Werth,for his glove,and his bat...Sure he's in a slump....does that mean we kick him outta town....Come August,Sept. if we have runners on base...he's the guy I want at the plate.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:21 PM, 07/19/2010
    Come on people.....We need Werth,for his glove,and his bat...Sure he's in a slump....does that mean we kick him outta town....Come August,Sept. if we have runners on base...he's the guy I want at the plate.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:28 PM, 07/19/2010
    I'm not buying the term "slump" here...he' been crappy for 5-6 weeks because he's mailed it in, in lieu of his contract situation.
    robihart15
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:28 PM, 07/19/2010
    Gotta keep Werth, if for no other reason than the fact that he's our one power righthanded bat in a lineup heavy on lefties. Replace him with Dom Brown and suddenly the lineup is nothing but lefthanded batters.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:32 PM, 07/19/2010
    Werth is hitting .165 w/RISP. That is not the guy I want up at the plate with men on base
    dlobball01

Get Your Philadelphia Phillies Gear Here