Sunday, August 31, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Wild Card

Which team are you worried about most in the Wild Card standings (not that the Phils have to claim the Wild Card, since they could win the NL East)? Both the Giants and Cardinals have good pitching, and the Reds (if they don't get the NL Central) have good hitting. I'm tempted to say the Giants because they have the likes of Lincecum and Cain and then three left-handers. But the Cardinals have two aces in Carpenter and Wainwright and maybe a slightly better offense than the Giants, though it's inconsistent.

Wild Card
  • Which team are you worried about most in the Wild Card standings (not that the Phils have to claim the Wild Card, since they could win the NL East)? Both the Giants and Cardinals have good pitching, and the Reds (if they don't get the NL Central) have good hitting. I'm tempted to say the Giants because they have the likes of Lincecum and Cain and then three left-handers. But the Cardinals have two aces in Carpenter and Wainwright and maybe a slightly better offense than the Giants, though it's inconsistent.
    jenreardon
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 11:42 PM, 08/17/2010
    You have it backwards. The other teams worry about the Phillies.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 7:14 PM, 08/21/2010
    i agree rusty pop but ity still a little early to think about the wild card 2.5 is not a lot at the end of august plent of games to be played
    templeowls247

Get Your Philadelphia Phillies Gear Here