Friday, August 28, 2015

Filling the Palestra

I was there for the Temple-Penn men's basketball game last season, and the venue was definitely not filled to capacity, which is sad, because it's such a great place to watch a basketball game. A ranked Philly team couldn't draw a crowd, and routine appearances by Denzel Washington couldn't either. I know Penn wasn't doing well last season (though they did beat Cornell), so that's going to affect attendance, but I still can't understand why students wouldn't want to go to games in such a fantastic place. Does Penn need to do better marketing or promotions or something?

Filling the Palestra
  • I was there for the Temple-Penn men's basketball game last season, and the venue was definitely not filled to capacity, which is sad, because it's such a great place to watch a basketball game. A ranked Philly team couldn't draw a crowd, and routine appearances by Denzel Washington couldn't either. I know Penn wasn't doing well last season (though they did beat Cornell), so that's going to affect attendance, but I still can't understand why students wouldn't want to go to games in such a fantastic place. Does Penn need to do better marketing or promotions or something?
    jenreardon
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 11:39 AM, 07/19/2010
    Might have been the time of year. If it was during winter break, many of the students would be gone for the holidays. Hard to fill the arena during those weeks.