Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Slighlt OT: Center Ice vs. Game Center Live

I am one of many ready to dump Directv, with streaming to TV so improved, and vehicles like Playon that can deliver content to your television. So I was wondering what I might miss by switching from the Directv Center Ice package to NHL.com's Game Center Live. And, how would this impact me being an out-of-market Flyers fan? Thanks in advance

Slighlt OT: Center Ice vs. Game Center Live
  • I am one of many ready to dump Directv, with streaming to TV so improved, and vehicles like Playon that can deliver content to your television. So I was wondering what I might miss by switching from the Directv Center Ice package to NHL.com's Game Center Live. And, how would this impact me being an out-of-market Flyers fan? Thanks in advance
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 6:56 PM, 10/26/2010
    I was also considering switching from the cable Center Ice tv package to the computer GameCenter Live, but you need flash in order to run GC Live and the iPad doesnt support Flash. The advantage of having the computer version is the ability to watch from anywhere (the road, home, on vacation, etc) - but if I was at home I would hook the computer up to my 50" plasma and Im not sure how that would look.
    lbjaokay