Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

Kolb vs McNabb, more insight

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/07/20/bass-fishing-with-kevin-kolb-part-two-the-making-of-a-football?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage_fanhouse2 Here'[s an excerpt: For two and a half months, with three quarterbacks on the roster, the Eagles became a dateline for rumormongering. Would the Eagles really consider moving McNabb? Or would they trade Michael Vick? Or would they dare part with Kolb? Of the three, he garnered the most value. Three years ago, when former Eagles GM Tom Heckert, now with the Browns, toyed with taking a post with the Falcons, pre-Matt Ryan, he said he would have traded for Kolb. "Whatever Andy wanted, I would have given him," Heckert said at the time. "A one (draft pick), a two ... two ones. No joke. Kolb is legit." The former player also said one of the reasons McNabb embraced Michael Vick so much last season was to block Kolb further down the depth chart and that McNabb texted Vick during the recent round of OTAs and asked about Kolb's progress in the middle of the conversation. For the datebook, McNabb returns to Philadelphia on October 3. Meanwhile, Kolb shrugs that McNabb was nothing but helpful during their time together. "He is a great player," he says. "I learned a lot from him and he leaves some pretty big shoes to fill." Interesting article on KK. Provides insight into him and Donovan as well.

Kolb vs McNabb, more insight
  • http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/07/20/bass-fishing-with-kevin-kolb-part-two-the-making-of-a-football?icid=sphere_newsaol_inpage_fanhouse2 Here'[s an excerpt: For two and a half months, with three quarterbacks on the roster, the Eagles became a dateline for rumormongering. Would the Eagles really consider moving McNabb? Or would they trade Michael Vick? Or would they dare part with Kolb? Of the three, he garnered the most value. Three years ago, when former Eagles GM Tom Heckert, now with the Browns, toyed with taking a post with the Falcons, pre-Matt Ryan, he said he would have traded for Kolb. "Whatever Andy wanted, I would have given him," Heckert said at the time. "A one (draft pick), a two ... two ones. No joke. Kolb is legit." The former player also said one of the reasons McNabb embraced Michael Vick so much last season was to block Kolb further down the depth chart and that McNabb texted Vick during the recent round of OTAs and asked about Kolb's progress in the middle of the conversation. For the datebook, McNabb returns to Philadelphia on October 3. Meanwhile, Kolb shrugs that McNabb was nothing but helpful during their time together. "He is a great player," he says. "I learned a lot from him and he leaves some pretty big shoes to fill." Interesting article on KK. Provides insight into him and Donovan as well.
  • Comment removed.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 8:52 AM, 07/24/2010
    Why, because you are a McNabb fan, must you denigrate Kolb? Do you have some deep rooted fear of his success? ... )based on the article I posted, it seems McNabb is too interested in how Kolb is doing... if true). It is immature to want your successor to fail in a feeble attempt to make yourself look better. I'll give Donovan the benefit of the doubt... but you have shown your true colors.
  • Comment removed.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 4:57 PM, 07/25/2010
    No one EVER thought LJ was an All Pro (outside of the organization). Ever. Typical Cowboy fan making up facts when you don't really have any that support you argument.
    Zee77
  • Comment removed.
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 1:26 AM, 07/24/2010
    'everyone is laughing at the Egals' Really? You know everyone? Think a few know-it-alls like you in New England posted similar comments when Brady took over? Jack a s s !
    Henry Miller
  • 0 like this / 0 don't   •   Posted 8:32 PM, 08/16/2010
    Kolb is a class guy, and will do all the right things. I just hope this rude town gives him his chance to grow and not expect big things from day 1. The top brass should just announce the rebuilding faze and let him start from scratch.
    thousands74