3 pounds red, Yukon gold, or white potatoes (any potatoes will do)
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil.
2. Wash the potatoes and cut into chunks about 1 inch square. If possible, keep the size of the chunks uniform to help them cook evenly.
3. Add potatoes to the water and boil about 15 minutes, until the cubes are fork tender. Make sure to check a larger cube, as they will be the last to cook thoroughly. Drain when tender and place back into the large pot.
4. Meanwhile, slowly warm the milk (do not boil) on the stove. Add the milk to the potatoes with the butter and seasoning. Using a fork, wooden spoon, or potato masher, smash until the mixture reaches desired consistency.
5. Enjoy with a slice of turkey meat loaf.
Per serving: 60 calories, 4 grams fat, 11 milligrams, cholesterol, 62 milligrams sodium, 121 milligrams potassium, 5 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 4 grams sugar, 1 gram protein