Makes 6 servings
2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil,
1 - 16 ounce sirloin steak, sliced thinly
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar (whatever you have
on hand - white, white wine, or apple
1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and
snapped in half
2 medium red peppers, cored and sliced
2 cups cooked quinoa or rice (1 cup
1. Combine sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Following package instructions, prepare quinoa or rice and set aside until ready to serve.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Thinly slice steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove steak from pan and do not clean the pan!
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, green beans, and peppers to pan, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove cover and add soy sauce mixture.
4. Cook for 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and liquid reduces by half. Return beef to the pan and cook for one minute.
5. Divide quinoa or rice evenly among six plates and top with beef mixture. Serve hot and enjoy!
Per serving: 385 Calories, 11 grams fat, 20 grams protein, 45 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fiber, 12 grams sugar, 48 milligrams cholesterol, 538 milligrams sodium