Makes 6 servings
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated fine
1/3 cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
3 medium zucchini
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine the cheese, cornmeal, garlic powder, and cayenne in a shallow bowl.
2. Place the eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Cut off the ends of the zucchini. Slice each one in half lengthwise. Then place the zucchini flat side down and slice into quarters. Then slice into thin fries.
4. Dip each fry into the beaten egg, then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, pressing to coat. Place the zucchini on a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown, turning once halfway through.
6. Serve hot with turkey and mushroom tacos.
Per serving: 101 calories, 4 grams fat, 41 milligrams cholesterol, 153 milligrams sodium, 293 milligrams potassium, 10 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams dietary fiber, 2 grams sugar, 8 grams protein.