Makes 12 to 16 servings
2 pounds elbow macaroni
12 large eggs
1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
6 cups half-and-half
4 cups grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
2 cups grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Asiago cheese
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Muenster cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Bring salted water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the macaroni and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
3. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Mix the Velveeta, butter and 2 cups of the half-and-half in a large bowl. Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese melts and the mixture is smooth. Add the rest of the half-and-half, 3 cups of the sharp yellow cheddar, the remaining six grated cheeses, salt and pepper, tossing to combine completely.
5. Pour the mixture into a 9-by-3-inch casserole or baking dish. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the last cup of sharp yellow cheddar and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes more. Serve hot.
Per serving (based on 16): 833 calories, 38 grams protein, 49 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams sugar, 54 grams fat, 312 milligrams cholesterol, 839 milligrams sodium, 2 grams dietary fiber.