Date, Tahini and Nut Balls
1 cup dried dates
1/2 cup walnut pieces
3/4 cup coconut flakes
1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup tahini
1. Blend dates in food processor and put in a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend walnuts in food processor and then add them to the bowl with the dates.
3. Mix walnuts, dates and 1/2 cup coconut flakes. Then add tahini and cocoa powder to the mixture, stirring until ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
4. Pour remaining coconut flakes onto a plate.
5. Scoop a tablespoon of the date mixture into your palm, and roll into a small ball. Then roll each ball in coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining mixture.
7. Chill in the refrigerator, covered in wax paper until ready to eat.
- Soom Foods
Per serving: 63 calories; 1 gram protein; 8 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams sugar; 4 grams fat; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 8 milligrams sodium; 1 gram dietary fiber.