Salmon With Citrus-Spice Glaze
From The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen Grilling Cookbook: 225 Sizzling Recipes for Every Season (Hearst Books, 2013)4 serving(s)
3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
11/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 center-cut skin-on salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
2. Stir sugar, orange juice, paprika, cumin, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until the sugar dissolves.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on flesh side of salmon.
4. Grill salmon, skin side up, 4 minutes, then carefully turn salmon over. Brush sugar mixture over salmon. Cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until just opaque throughout, continuously brushing sugar mixture over salmon. (Instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of fillets should register 145 degrees.)
5. Carefully remove salmon from grill by sliding long, thin spatula between fish and grill grate. Discard skin.
Per serving: 383 calories, 38 grams protein, 8 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams sugar, 21 grams fat, 107 milligrams cholesterol, 254 milligrams sodium, no dietary fiber.