Grandma’s Classic Deviled Eggs
(Makes 12 pieces)
4 Tbsp. light mayo
1 tsp. yellow onion, minced
1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. sweet relish
1/8 tsp. salt
1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cool water so that about an inch of water sits above them.
2. Over medium heat, bring water to a boil, then cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 12 minutes. Drain, and run under cool water.
3. Cut hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl. Mash yolks thoroughly.
4. Add remaining ingredients, excluding the paprika, and continue to mash until well-combined. Use a tablespoon to transfer yolk into the 12 egg-white halves, dividing the yolk evenly between the eggs.
5. Lightly sprinkle paprika on top of prepared eggs.
Note: You may wish to hard boil an extra egg and use the additional yolk to increase the amount of filling. Discard half of its white, and use the remaining half to sample your results.
Tagged as: | Side dish