1. Fill a large pot or bowl with water, then add the beans. Stir, then cover and set aside to soak overnight.
2. When ready to cook, drain the beans and set aside.
3. In a large, deep pot with a heavy bottom, such as a Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown the salt pork until crispy, about 12 minutes. Add the pork hocks, sausage, onion, garlic, celery, bell peppers and Cajun seasoning.
4. Cook until starting to brown, about 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Add the bay leaves, thyme, stock and the drained beans. Simmer over medium heat and cook, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beans are tender. If the mixture gets too dry, add water a small amount at a time. Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
6. In a medium bowl, stir together the rice, parsley and scallions. Serve with the red beans.
Nutrition information per serving: 680 calories; 250 calories from fat (37 percent of total calories); 28 g fat (10 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 70 mg cholesterol; 71 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 38 g protein; 1110 mg sodium.