1 stick unsalted, room-temperature butter (115g)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar (325g)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of 1 orange
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (135g)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup crystallized ginger, diced small (60g)
1 cup rolled oats (110g)
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (160g)
Raw sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
2. Add egg, vanilla extract, zest and juice of an orange, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until combined.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix on medium until thoroughly combined.
4. Finally, add the diced crystallized ginger, oats and graham cracker crumbs and mix to combine. Dough will be thick.
5. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball and roll in raw sugar before placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through. The edges of the cookie should be a light golden brown. Let cookies stand for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.