One kaiser roll
Cranberry mustard (mustard mixed with cranberry sauce)
Leftover brined turkey
Shaved brussels sprouts
Gala apples pickled lightly in champagne vinegar (see note)
Sweet potatoes, pureed with chipotle peppers and cream
Fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Slice kaiser roll in half. Spread one half with cranberry mustard.
2. Layer on leftover turkey.
3. Top with shaved brussels sprouts and pickled apples.
4. Spread other half with sweet potato puree. Top with fresh mozzarella.
5. Put the two halves together and bite in.
Per serving: 499 calories, 31 grams protein, 72 grams carbohydrates, 27 grams sugar, 11 grams fat, 52 milligrams cholesterol, 1,346 milligrams sodium, 9 grams dietary fiber.
- From chef George Sabatino, Stateside
Note: To pickle Gala apples (enough for about 4 sandwiches): Whisk 1½ cups boiling water with 1½ cups champagne vinegar, ½ cup sugar, and 1 tablespoon salt in mixing bowl. Pour the brine over 4 Gala apples, each cored and sliced into quarters, then half moons. Weigh down and pickle for 30 minutes, no more. Remove and discard the liquid. Apples are good for only one night.